Due to our dynamic growth, we are expanding our team at our Edinburgh office and are currently looking for a Junior Wind Operations Data Scientist to join us.
Junior Wind Operations Data Scientist m/f/d
- Provide a supporting role to our wind operations department
- Support the development of tools to analyse the performance of operational wind projects based on all available real time and historical data
- Develop supervised and unsupervised models that would proactively identify potential component failures and optimise the performance of wind farms
- Work with high frequency, multidimensional time series to identify trends and relationships between variables.
- Optimise, review and discuss code and algorithm efficiencies
- Validate models and compare methodologies
- Develop a knowledge base to enable the technical asset management team to proactively investigate performance issues
- MSc/ PhD in Statistics/ Mathematics/ Physics/ Computer Science or related discipline would be desirable, no prior experience in renewable energy disciplines is required
- Proficiency with Python and/or R for use in conducting data analytics
- Strong experience in statistical modeling, supervised and unsupervised learning and relevant libraries Keras/ Tensorflow
- Strong math and statistical skills
- Experience with time series analysis
- Experience with SQL and PowerBI would be desirable
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to effectively manage a range of priorities
- Collaborative working style, persuasive and clear communication skills
- Flexible skillset and enthusiasm for a varied role
- Calm under pressure and strong attention to detail, excellent written and oral communication skills
- Company pension allowance
We look forward to your application!
If you have any questions about the job offer, please get in contact with us.